• Clean the surface
using alcohol and a soft cloth.
• Use only for it's intended magickal purposes. Nothing
• Store in a silk bag or cloth when not in use.
• Do not allow others the use of your mirror.
• Consecrate and cleanse your mirror.
• Create a sacred space to work in. i.e. Cast a circle.
• Burn a lunar or psychic blend incense prior to and
during while working with your mirror.
• When indoors, light and place a candle on each side
of the mirror. The color of the candles used should be appropriate
to the work you are performing.
• Extinguish all light sources except the candles
• Allow nothing to reflect in the mirror's surface.
It should appear as a dark window.
• Scry using the mirror at night, preferably during
the full or new moon, depending on the operation. The mirror
can be used at any time, but tends to work better at these
• Prior to using your mirror and beginning scrying,
make sure you are in a comfortable position. The use of
a chair or your favorite comfortable position on the floor
is appropriate. Place the mirror in front of you where you
can gaze into the mirror without seeing your reflection.
• Keep a journal and record your experiences and visions.
• Prior to scrying you should
first decide on what it is that you seek, or are trying
Once you are ready, close your eyes
and begin relaxing. Visualize your circle of protection
and know you are safe and in control of all that happens
within it. Feel yourself entering a light trance surrounded
by sacred space, removed from time and the material world.
Call upon your guides, invoke the Goddess, or call to whomever
you prefer for their assistance, guidance and protection.
Reaffirm your desire and purpose for what you are seeking
or are trying to accomplish.
Open your eyes and gaze into the mirror.
Relax your focus but remain alert. Eventually the surface
of the mirror will begin to change and fade and a dark mist
will appear. Your mind's eye will now open and the journey
begins. You will begin to see images, symbols or pictures
appear through either your physical eyes on the mirror's
surface or instead see within the mirror and inside your
mind's eye. Remember the mirror is a focal point and a gateway
When you have completed your journey
or work reflect upon the entire experience. Recall what
it was you saw or experienced and enter this information
in your journal for later review.
Most people are successful at Scrying.
The first time you try you may get nothing, but keep trying
at least every night for a week or two. Do not try for more
than 10 minutes or so at each attempt. Relaxing and deep
breathing before scrying will help you to clear your mind.
Remember also, that we all have psychic abilities, but like
anything else you have to develop it through practice.